Friday, May 8, 2015

Dandelion

Poor Blog, I have forsaken you for the immediacy of Instagram.

And often I just don't have a lot to say.
I had to show you this little bit of pretty though.


A while ago my husband had to go to the Big Smoke (Wellington) for a week long conference. I begged him to go to an independent yarn shop located not far from his hotel. He declined, claiming that the air in yarn shops makes him sick/fall asleep. Bah - I gave up.
Then he came home with two skeins of this pretty, with the help from the lovely staff at Holland Road Yarn Co.,
It is Madelinetosh Dandelion (in Lepidoptra and Forestry), which I am turning into this ...


The colours are luminous, like jewels. Simply stunning. On close inspection the yarn looks like it has a halo of darker colour - I don't know if it actually does, or if it's a perceptual illusion, but it is certainly a fascinating yarn to use.
I wanted to make a special project, and thought it would be fun to try different stitch patterns I scoured from stitch dictionaries. So far so good, until something goes wrong, which it will do ... but then it will come right again.

2 comments:

  1. I've got to remember to send my beloved there next time he goes to Wellington, he didn't have time this time though as he was busy going to the ANZAC displays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck, I'd like to go myself! Imagine it - a proper city!

    ReplyDelete